Monkeys! It’s been a long time a’comin, but we finally released a new song off of our new album “Kill Your Past.” We are proud to introduce “Blackout,” a high-energy power-pop rock song that screams “f**k you” to corporate media – the 24 hour non-news cycle that aims to distract our minds and redirect our hearts to things that plain don’t. matter. Oh, Everybody’s Talkin’ alright, and it’s about time we stop talking and start SHOUTING.
“They say we’re tearing apart at the seams. That’s not what I see, I still believe in WE.”
We are all Monkeys.
F**k it’s good to be back. See you all soon.
Posted in Monkey Business, Monkeys In Space, Music
- Tagged -, alt rock, alternative rock, Grunge, Monkeys In Space, music, new music, New Rock, post-grunge, Rock, Rock music, Rock N' Roll, unsigned
Posted in Blogs, Life In Orbit, Media
- Tagged Album Covers, Artwork, EP, Flying Under the Influence, In Wake of Recent Events, Kill Your Past, Los Angeles, mi$, MiS, Monkeys In Space, My Drinking Buddies Have a Rock n' Roll Problem, Punk Rock, Rock, san diego
This one’s for the fans of alternative, grungy, good old Rock-n-Roll. Hailing from Poway, CA comes Monkeys In Space.
The Monkeys sat down with the POPVulture Entertainment Network for a few words on where the Monkeys came from- what makes them tick.. and whats next. Check out the interview with POPVulture Magazine here:
CLICK HERE to read the FULL INTERVIEW with POPVulture Magazine
Monkeys In Space Talk with POPVulture Magazine
Posted in Blogs, Events, Life In Orbit, Media, Monkey Business
- Tagged Believe, Blame Me, Ca, Flying Under the Influence, In Wake of Recent Events, Jeremy Vara, Johnny Rukkus, Josh Smith, Kill Your Past, Los Angeles, Mi$ News, MIS Interview, Monkeys In Space, Monkeys Interview for New Record, My Drinking Buddies Have a Rock n' Roll Problem, New Album Coming 2014, new music, People Pleasin, POPVulture Magazine, Pretty Rock City, Punk Rock, Rock, Ryan Higginson, san diego, Suburban Gospel, Supermodel Suitcase, weather the storm, whiskey kings
The search is over! We are proud to announce the most recent additions to Monkeys In Space, bassist Scott Szikla – formerly of A Shattered Hope – and drummer Jason Dean – formerly of Heavy Treavy and the Not So Fat Kids! We are back in the lab, workin hard to pump out some new music and have been reinspired by both Scott and Jason’s passion for music and enthusiasm about our band. We’re so stoked for what’s to come and hope to see you this Sunday at the Che Cafe in San Diego, CA! Rockkkkk
Posted in Monkey Business
- Tagged A Shattered Hope, alternative rock, Heavy Trevy and the Not So Fat Kids, J Vara, Jason Dean, Johnny Rukkus, MiS, monkeys, Monkeys In Space, music, punk band, Punk Rock, Rock, rock band, Rock music, Rock N' Roll, Scott Szikla, space, Space Monkeys
Hey kiddos, Here is a link to some footage I found on an old flip cam- Its got a pre pre-production sessions and some Flying Under the Influence tracking on it.. I figured it was now or never to show it as we are finishing up the tracking on our second real release. I think we finally settled on a name for our upcoming album. “People-Pleasing” takes the cake and is also the title track on the album. Interestingly enough, or not so much, the album name stems from another one of those “fed up with the world” conversations J and I have been having all too frequently lately. “No more People Pleasing” View Pre-Production on People Pleasing and some older tracks here..
Really jonesin for some new MI$.. take a listen to this one for another sneak-peak.. video content is kinda whack, sorry guys- life in the fastlane is cutting into my editing (and blogging) time.. Oh Yea and this one shot at 4:10am on the eve of our move into the new pad! Hope to see all of our favorite local Monkeys to 710 Beach Club in Pacific Beach on August 19th! We will be debuting a few new jams and have some giveaways planned- its gonna be a kick in the face of a time.
Mi$ at 710 Beach Club
much love- Ruk
Posted in Life In Orbit, Media
- Tagged 710 Beach Club, J Vara, Johnny Rukkus, mi$, monkeys, Monkeys In $pace, Monkeys In Space, music, pacific beach, Rock, rukkus, Ryan Higginson, san diego
FLYING UNDER THE INFLUENCE
Get you copy of FLYING UNDER THE INFLUENCE and see us play the album in its entirety at our CD Release party at our favorite local spot- the Sandbar in Mission Beach, Ca. Come on out early for great food and drink specials.. we start rockin around 9pm!
If you can’t make it catch the action on barspacetv.com
So guys, heres an inside look at how we do things.. 4 monkeys,1 dog, garage/studio and a dude named Oxi.
We should be finished tracking our “Flying Under the Influence” Ep this week and if all goes as planned we’ll get it sent out to be pressed and back in time for our SOMA show! We are still looking for an artist to help design our cover so if you are interested please contact us!
Posted in Life In Orbit, Media, Monkey Business
- Tagged DIY, Garage, mi$, Monkey Manor, Monkeys In Space, Oxi Ros, punk, Punk Rock, Recording, Rock, Supermodel Suitcase
Check out our brand new track off of our upcoming Ep “Flying Under the Influence”
Produced by Monkeys In Space/ Mixed by Oxi Ros
Leave us some love, See ya at Sound Wave Mission Beach Tonight!!
Posted in Events, Life In Orbit, Media, Monkey Business, Music
- Tagged CW News 6, Live Music, mi$, MiS, Monkeys In Space, music, party, Rock, san diego, Scream, SDSU. Monkey Manor
Well ladies and gentleman- it is finally complete! Check out our first full length Music Video directed by Mike Vara and his HowFarWillUGo campaign. We are stoked this finally got done and we can’t wait to show you guys what we have been up to! See ya on the 29th at 4th & B!
Posted in Life In Orbit, Media, Monkey Business
- Tagged Friends, HowFarWillUGo, J Vara, Johnny Rukkus, mi$, Monkeys In $pace, Monkeys In Space, music, Music Television, music video, Official Music Video, party, Rock, Rock N' Roll, Ryan Higginson, Ryan Koerper
Well that holiday hiatus sucked fuckin balls. We’re back to doin what we do best- breakin guitars, shouting obscenities and avoiding the real world… so naturally we thought it would be the perfect time to return to the stage, and what better place to do so.. Catch us live at 4th & B in the heart of downtown San Diego- Saturday January 29th of this brand new year. Lace up them dancin shoes and sharpen those elbows cause we’re gonna make ya hurt for it!