Already heard from a lot of old friends and fans! Can’t wait to rock with you all once again on our favorite stage St. Pattys Day 2017 at 710 Beach Club in Pacific Beach, CA
Check out the official flyer- please share!!
Monkeys take the stage on St. Patty’s Day at 9:30 and will be doing an hour long set followed by our friends Van Goat. Come kick off the night with Irish Car Bombs and some damn-well needed Rock n’ Roll – We will be doing merch giveaways including copies of FUTI, T-Shirts, Badass-Assness Wrist Bands, MI$ Sandals, posters & more! We will also be debuting brand new music off of our upcoming 2017 release Kill Your Past (Finally). Get-Get Ittttt
Posted in Blogs, Events, Life In Orbit, Media, Monkey Business
- Tagged Brand New, Flying Under the Influence, foo fighters, Live Concert, Live Rock Show, mi$, MiS, Monkeys in Space Live, music, nofx, Paramore, san diego events, St. Patrick's Day Event, Strung Out, Sum 41, unwritten law
Monkeys! It’s been a long time a’comin, but we finally released a new song off of our new album “Kill Your Past.” We are proud to introduce “Blackout,” a high-energy power-pop rock song that screams “f**k you” to corporate media – the 24 hour non-news cycle that aims to distract our minds and redirect our hearts to things that plain don’t. matter. Oh, Everybody’s Talkin’ alright, and it’s about time we stop talking and start SHOUTING.
“They say we’re tearing apart at the seams. That’s not what I see, I still believe in WE.”
We are all Monkeys.
F**k it’s good to be back. See you all soon.
Posted in Monkey Business, Monkeys In Space, Music
- Tagged -, alt rock, alternative rock, Grunge, Monkeys In Space, music, new music, New Rock, post-grunge, Rock, Rock music, Rock N' Roll, unsigned
It’s official! September 8th we will be sharing the stage with yet another great band/MiS favorite, The Ataris! We’re headed back to the Vault in Temecula, CA and couldn’t be more stoked to rock with one of the great bands of our time. We hope to see you all there – but in the mean time, you can check us LIVE in San Diego this coming Thursday, July 26th with Authority Zero and Versus the World. The show is being held at the infamous SD rock club, SOMA. This is going to be a great show! Come rock with us!
We’re also hard at work on the new record. Keep checking our Twitter and Facebook pages for constant updates and pay attention to the site for some leaks of the new tracks! Can’t wait to see what you think of the jams.. we’re sure you’re gonna love em!
Rock on Monkeys – we’ll see ya Thursday!
Posted in Monkey Business
- Tagged Ataris, Authority Zero, Concerts, Facebook, MiS, Monkey, Monkeys In Space, music, Punk Rock, Rock N' Roll, san diego, Shows, Soma, Temecula California, The Ataris, Twitter, Versus The World
The search is over! We are proud to announce the most recent additions to Monkeys In Space, bassist Scott Szikla – formerly of A Shattered Hope – and drummer Jason Dean – formerly of Heavy Treavy and the Not So Fat Kids! We are back in the lab, workin hard to pump out some new music and have been reinspired by both Scott and Jason’s passion for music and enthusiasm about our band. We’re so stoked for what’s to come and hope to see you this Sunday at the Che Cafe in San Diego, CA! Rockkkkk
Posted in Monkey Business
- Tagged A Shattered Hope, alternative rock, Heavy Trevy and the Not So Fat Kids, J Vara, Jason Dean, Johnny Rukkus, MiS, monkeys, Monkeys In Space, music, punk band, Punk Rock, Rock, rock band, Rock music, Rock N' Roll, Scott Szikla, space, Space Monkeys
Today was a great day for #teamMiS!! First off, we got the feature from our new friends over at the Pulse SD – a video interview of us before our last gig at the Casbah, and a live performance of us rocking “Roses” a few hours later! Can’t thank Cindy and the crew enough for coming out to show their support of the local music scene. You can check out the full interview and the live video over at The Pulse.
Also, our buddy Dave Good hooked us up with a great feature over on the Jam Session blog at the Reader. Check it out – we talk tour, influences, tunes and what it’s like to be a fuckin’ Monkey In Space! Big thanks to Dave.. buy him a beer yo!
Keep your eyes out for more Monkeys in the news. We’re hittin it hard, spread the word. Won’t be long now until you’re hearin much more from ya boys.
ROCK ON ~ MI$
Posted in Media, Monkey Business
- Tagged Art, Casbah, Cindy, Dave Good, Jam Session, mi$, MiS, Monkey, Monkey In Space, music, new music, Punk Rock, Rock Bands, Rock music, Rock N' Roll, san diego, san diego music, San Francisco Zoo, sd, The Pulse, The Reader, Touring Bands
The rock Gods have delivered, Monkeys. We’d like to introduce you to our new bass player – Josh Smith. This sexy sumbitch’ walked into the box yesterday and threw down SO hard that we immediately asked (begged) him to come on board full-time. A little info about Josh: He’s from Poway -huge plus for us, since we all know how hard Poway rocks. He’s Canadian, a super talented musician, has cool hair, wears cool shit, likes batman and stands about 6 ft. 2 inches tall – so don’t fuck with him.
Lastly, he’s a really cool kid, dedicated to playing music and is a perfect fit for this band. We’re so stoked to have Josh on board and can’t wait for him to blow your minds.. stay tuned for updates on the new record, shows and our next tour.
ROCK! Monkeys In Space.
Posted in Monkey Business
- Tagged Arts, Arts and Entertainment, Bands and Artists, Canada, Johnny Rukkus, Josh Smith, jvara, mi$, Monkey, Monkeys In Space, music, Ontario, People Pleasing, Ryan Higginson, San Diego bands, san diego concerts, san diego music, San Diego Musicians, San Diego Rock n' Roll
Hey kiddos, Here is a link to some footage I found on an old flip cam- Its got a pre pre-production sessions and some Flying Under the Influence tracking on it.. I figured it was now or never to show it as we are finishing up the tracking on our second real release. I think we finally settled on a name for our upcoming album. “People-Pleasing” takes the cake and is also the title track on the album. Interestingly enough, or not so much, the album name stems from another one of those “fed up with the world” conversations J and I have been having all too frequently lately. “No more People Pleasing” View Pre-Production on People Pleasing and some older tracks here..
Really jonesin for some new MI$.. take a listen to this one for another sneak-peak.. video content is kinda whack, sorry guys- life in the fastlane is cutting into my editing (and blogging) time.. Oh Yea and this one shot at 4:10am on the eve of our move into the new pad! Hope to see all of our favorite local Monkeys to 710 Beach Club in Pacific Beach on August 19th! We will be debuting a few new jams and have some giveaways planned- its gonna be a kick in the face of a time.
Mi$ at 710 Beach Club
much love- Ruk
Posted in Life In Orbit, Media
- Tagged 710 Beach Club, J Vara, Johnny Rukkus, mi$, monkeys, Monkeys In $pace, Monkeys In Space, music, pacific beach, Rock, rukkus, Ryan Higginson, san diego
Hope to see all you San Diego kids tomorrow night at the House of Blues for another Tuesday Booze-day.. Your employers must be loving us by now.. we know ours do 😉
Check out the photos from our cd release show and Huge thanks to Pol Santos & Tito Jose!
Or visit our Homies site- http://bakaresd.com/?p=5128
Thanks for all the support! Request Weather the Storm on 94/9 Now! 619-570-1-94-9
Posted in Events, Life In Orbit, Media, Monkey Business
- Tagged California, Events, Flying Under the Influence, Higgy, kerp, Life, Local, May 3rd 2011, mi$, monkeys, Monkeys In Space, music, party, Photography, Politics, poway, punk, Punk Rock, Release Party, Rock N' Roll, rukkus, san diego, Sandbar, sd, Sex, space, vara
This is why we do what we do…
FLYING UNDER THE INFLUENCE
Fan: you boys jam
Fan: i fucked a chick last night with that playlist on haha
did you really?!
Fan: it was rad.. i was like you wanna hear my boys band? and she was like yes… and the next think i knew we were fuckin to ur music
swear to god
dude you have no idea how much that means to me
Flying Under the Influence everywhere, May 3rd.
Posted in Blogs, Monkey Business
- Tagged band, CD Release, Flying Under the Influence, higginson, johnny rukkys, jvaramis, keorper, mi$, MiS, Monkeys In $pace, Monkeys In Space, music, Punk Rock, san diego, Sandbar, Sex
Check out our brand new track off of our upcoming Ep “Flying Under the Influence”
Produced by Monkeys In Space/ Mixed by Oxi Ros
Leave us some love, See ya at Sound Wave Mission Beach Tonight!!
Posted in Events, Life In Orbit, Media, Monkey Business, Music
- Tagged CW News 6, Live Music, mi$, MiS, Monkeys In Space, music, party, Rock, san diego, Scream, SDSU. Monkey Manor